Go Back   E4S Forums > Internships and work experience placements > - Applying for an internship
 Click here to login 

Old 08-09-08, 11:13 PM
Just Starting...

Wahid is on a distinguished road
Default Internships in Banks

Dear Sir or Madam,
Thank you for read my mail. My name is Md.Wahid Bari. I am full time student. Now I am studying at Ahsanullah University of Science & Technology (AUST) on Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program in Bangladesh. I am going to complete my program (BBA) on March in 2009. My major subject is Marketing. So i want to intership for six months. Please let me know about your imtership procedure. Please do not hesitate to contact me any time. I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Yours Faithfully
Md. Wahid Bari
Old 27-03-09, 10:01 PM
Just Starting...

Phase is on a distinguished road
Default Help

Banking interviews are tough. There are even less positions around this year given the credit crunch. I advise being very prepared. There is a lot of good material online but mostly I would suggest having some good technical knowledge of the specific area you want to work in. You could also consider hiring professional help such as www.ibankingjobhelp.com, there are some others out there too.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-04-09, 03:57 PM
Just Starting...

hannah.lammeck is on a distinguished road
Default UK-Internship in a bank

Hi there, given the current climate i would say that a UK-Internship in a bank is going to be quite difficult.

A UK-Internship in any financial institution is going to be quite tricky these days.

Due to the nature of banks and financial institutions they are going to do a full background check on you, CRB and all the rest.

They are going to want to know whether there were any discrepancies in you life before taking on any interns.

Then there is the selection process. First off it the initial contact CV and covering letter. Then it is first telephone interview followed by a follow up interview. Then 2 face to face interviews before being accepted.

A bit of advice of a applying for a UK-Internship is to be persistent and try try again. For the most part what the employer is after is some work experience before and the ability for you to adapt to changing environments. That and a letter of reference before an employer will take you on your UK-Internship.