Go Back   E4S Forums > Part time and Holiday Jobs > - Summer and holiday work..
 Click here to login 

Old 02-07-10, 01:00 PM

kwlhayles1 is on a distinguished road
Question Advice needed please - summer job

Hello, my name is Hayley and I am 15 years old in year 10 in Northamptonshire, I am looking to earn some money and learn more about the working life. I am very willing to do almost anything within Northamptonshire with the exception of a paper round. I am acedemically very successful with expectations of very high GCSE grades and would also aim to go to university when i have finished degrees. I have'nt got a CV though becase i haven't recieved my grades or had experience other than 2 weeks of work experience in a nursery, it just seems so hard to find a job that would take me on because of my age and that i have no CV. Can anyone please reply to give me advice on where to go or what to do. I am willing to work mot evenings and school holidays. Thanks, Hayley x
Old 28-03-11, 10:10 AM

bsforrester80 is on a distinguished road

Legally it is hard for a 15 year old to get many jobs I think mainly due to insurance. Paper rounds and baby sitting are the two most common PT jobs for under 16s but as you have discounted one of those your options are limited I'm afraid.
There is galss collecting or pot washing at a local pub? Or maybe cleanign at a hotel. If not try somewhere likes Smiths or your local supermarket, ask wehter they employ 15 year olds, they may let you work a few shiifts a week (though due to your age there may be aweekly limit to the hours you can work.

Hope that helps!