Go Back   E4S Forums > Gap Year / Year Out Work > - Going abroad...
 Click here to login 

Old 22-01-08, 09:45 AM
Just Starting...

scaff1980 is on a distinguished road
Default late ski season..

Hi

Looking to do some kind of late ski season in the Alps or anywhere else. Anybody suggest good places to go where the snow is still good and there might be vacancies?
Old 06-02-08, 06:34 PM
Just Starting...

bigdave is on a distinguished road

Hi Scaff,

A ski season is a great idea, but I think you may have left it a little late this year. I did one before starting uni and had a great time, but had to organise months in advance of season starting.

I had a mate who did some ski guiding in the easter holidays while he was studying and that sounded brilliant - he got wined and dined every evening and was basically paid to ski with loaded people! I'm not sure how he got the job, but I guess you could look for ski guiding companies and see who comes up. He was a qualified ski instructor which may have helped ... but I'm pretty sure he didn't need to be to get the job.

The other option would just be to head over to a ski resort and ask around for bar work. If you speak a European language then that would probably help. Is a bit more risky without work lined up, but if you have some cash saved you could live off for a while then it could be fun!

Good luck, and enjoy the white stuff if you do find something!
Old 07-02-08, 02:03 PM
Just Starting...

scaff1980 is on a distinguished road

Dont have the cash to go out and find bar work but thanks for your help bigdave