Go Back   E4S Forums > Part time and Holiday Jobs > General part time job chat and discussion area...
 Click here to login 

Old 01-12-11, 06:31 PM
whandey

Default What are my chances? I need a part time job..

I am a post graduate student at cardiff university and all my attempts at getting a part time job in Cardiff have failed. I am an international student and a doctor in my home country but i cant do medical work here in the uk because i have a student visa and because i have not written the uk medical exams. i have applied for some jobs but iv got no response till now. Could it be because of the medical qualification on my CV? i need to get a job as soon as possible.......What do i do?
Old 12-12-11, 03:24 PM
Administrator

Onders is on a distinguished road

I'd suggest trying a couple of things:

1. If you have not heard back from jobs you have applied for, make sure your CV is relevant to the position you are applying for. There is no point listing medical experience on your CV if you are applying for a sales job for example. Your CV should highlight your skills and previous achievements that demonstrate to an employer that you will be able to do the job they are hiring for. Have a look at http://www.e4s.co.uk/part-time-jobs/free-cv-tips.htm for some CV tips.

2. Have a look at http://www.e4s.co.uk/jobs/cardiff.htm for the latest student jobs in Cardiff and apply for the jobs you are qualified to do. Remember it is better to make a few good quality, targeted job applications than loads of generic applications.

Good luck with your job hunting, and let us know when you land a job!
Old 19-11-12, 07:49 AM

Knepps is on a distinguished road

You can work as a freelancer on the internet.