Go Back   E4S Forums > Part time and Holiday Jobs > General part time job chat and discussion area...
 Click here to login 

Old 08-02-09, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Dave is on a distinguished road
Default Working From Home

I am 17 Years old Currently studying A Legal Services HND in Aberdeen College and I am looking for any source of Income.
Im Highly computer literate and was wondering where I should look for a computer based job that I could do from home.
Any ideas of where to look would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-02-09, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Onders is on a distinguished road
Default Working from Home

Hey Indychav,

Welcome to the forum - if you're highly computer literate you've got a headstart over lots of people. There are a lot of websites where you can advertise your skills, and bid for projects. A few examples are:

a) Getafreelancer - you can bid for loads of projects on here
b) Elance - similar to the above, but better profiles and bit more stuff on there
c) Guru - again, same as the above.

Basically, there are thousands of people who need work done, and they post their projects on their, and anyone can bid to do them. If you get chosen, and if you do the work you'll get paid, usually through something like Paypal. If you've got the skills this is a pretty good job - you can do it from home, when you like, and bid for however much you like. You're in charge of how much you earn.. but word of warning, it's not all easy and there are lots of other people who want to do the same thing, so be prepared to put some hard work in.

I hope this helps - let us know what skills you have with computer and I might be able to point in some more directions.

Good luck!
Old 08-02-09, 05:39 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the warm welcome and I'll keep an eye on those sites.

The area I would most like to work in is advertisement.
I can design logos and advertisement banners as well as creating unique slogans for the company.

As For Further Skills.

I have extensive knowledge of the adobe products and how to use them as well as the Microsoft office suite.
I also have experience managing a forum as I am a Global Moderator on one and an Adminiistrator on the other.
I am also the chief news editor for an electronics blog so I know how to use Wordpress effectively.

However as all these positions were voluntary I am unsure if the skills involved would be credible to a possible employer.

Last edited by Dave; 08-02-09 at 06:00 PM.
Old 08-02-09, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Onders is on a distinguished road
Default Working from home

Those are great skills - and employers should recognise that. If you build a portfolio with some of the sites I've mentioned, it should help you get work. As for your CV, putting this kind of experience down would make you much more employable than a lot of people your age. What you should do (maybe you already have!) is try and work out what skills the moderating has given you, things like communication skills, leadership to an extent, and probably much more.

Have you also made yourself a personal website with examples of your work, your CV online etc? This is always an impressive element to people who may be looking to recruit someone.
Old 08-02-09, 07:20 PM
Administrator

I wrote my CV today as I applied for a job i found through this site, as a pessimist I came here to look for further options, and I feel it is highly detailed and as a CV should be, exagerated.
I no longer have a portfolio site due to my lack of funds however I will try figure somethign out.
My hope is to jsut get my work around in order to prove my worth so to speak.
Old 15-11-12, 04:08 PM
alexa8355

In freelance writing field there's a variety of choice for those with such requirements as you have.