Go Back   E4S Forums > Graduate Work and Discussion > - Applying after uni
 Click here to login 

Old 31-01-08, 11:54 AM
Just Starting...

freeuser is on a distinguished road
Default Does anybody have any experience of.....

I've been working on my CV and it's 3 pages long.. I've got a personal statement at the top saying what I want to be doing - I'm applying for a graduate job.. do you think this would be an ok way of doing it?
Old 06-02-08, 06:09 PM
Just Starting...

bigdave is on a distinguished road

I reckon that's a good way to start. If you follow on from that by giving details of why you would be good at what you want to do and then list relevant skills and qualifications etc then it could flow nicely.

I've heard that Cv's should be kept to 2-3 pages so I wouldn't add much more to the length.
Old 08-02-08, 01:49 PM
Just Starting...

rupes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdave View Post
I reckon that's a good way to start. If you follow on from that by giving details of why you would be good at what you want to do and then list relevant skills and qualifications etc then it could flow nicely.

I've heard that Cv's should be kept to 2-3 pages so I wouldn't add much more to the length.
I'm 34, have done loads of jobs and am finding it difficult to keep it down to 3 pages. I want to apply for a graduate job, think i got a good chance, but trying to figure out what experience to mention. Should i mention all my parttime stuff?
Old 12-02-08, 02:40 PM
Just Starting...

travelling-matt is on a distinguished road

Hi Rupes, a friend of mine who's in recruitment just says that the CV is just a taster, enough to get a recruiter to give you a call back but not document all of your experience. Ensure it's relevant experience and info. I agree with bigdave... 2 to 3 max.
Old 21-04-08, 03:34 PM
Just Starting...

jessicaingando is on a distinguished road

hi, im 14 but i cant seem to find any jobs for myself on the website or anywhere else. i just want someone to help me find a job for my age in and about essex mainly barking and dagenham. if anyone could lead me in the right direction it would be fantastic
Old 15-06-09, 01:14 PM
SolihullGrad87

Default Talk your way into a new job!

If you're looking for an alternative (and might I add more fun!) way of producing a CV - I've been currently looking for a graduate job, and found out this website called Grad Central where you can do a Talking CV.

Sounds a bit bizzare but all you do is upload a video clip of yourself to the website, explaining all your skills, experience, prospects for your career etc. and potential employers can view your clip as and when they want. It only takes a few minutes to do, and could save you a lot of time printing out CVs as well as going to pointless interviews.

Hope this helps someone else as much as it helped me!
Old 29-03-10, 11:57 AM

harrymarks is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't recommend a 3page long CV.. Wouldnt be bothered to read all of the work experience If I was the employer with tight schedule. So, placing only the relevant work experience and more importantly skills acquired from the work is more important.

There are many sites that provide information on writing a for free.

Ideal CV length for a graduate CV would be a max of 2 pages.
Old 22-03-11, 10:04 AM

bsforrester80 is on a distinguished road

I agree two pages should be the maximum length. It should included though details about everything you have done since school - don't leave any gaps, they will probably think you are hiding something.
Graduate Employers should be able to glance at it and immeidately have an idea of what qualifications you have, what experience + what skills you have.

Last edited by Onders; 02-08-11 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Violation of terms and conditions - no advertising in forum
Old 26-03-11, 08:27 PM

JoeCrow is on a distinguished road
Default Most CVs don't get read past the first paragraph

Yeah keep it down to 2, in initial rounds the rest just won't be read. Also if it's too long your strongest pointsmight get ignored. Every line should tell a story, be blunt and precise. There's CV & graduate tips on these sites:

www.graduatelinks.co.uk
www.milkround.com
www.graduatejobs.com