Go Back   E4S Forums > Graduate Work and Discussion
 Click here to login 

Old 20-07-07, 08:58 PM
Just Starting...

magicman is on a distinguished road
Angry Watch your Facebook

Just a message to the peeps on here. I recently heard that employers are checking profiles on Facebook after they receive a CV before they offer an interview the cheeky scoundrals!!!!!!!!! Obviously they can only see the picture from your profile but they can easily search it so your profile pic is a bit risky employers may get the wrong idea of you as a person, so make sure it's your best side!!! and nothing you wouldn't want them to see!!! it's crazy but first impressions count and I think they see this as another way of sussing you out. just a heads up, I heard it a few times, one guy having dog mess as ghgis porfile and he didn't get the interview. We need all the help we can get so hope this helps!!!

MagicMan
No One Dos Magic Like MagicMan
Old 22-07-07, 07:46 AM
Just Starting...

amitrana is on a distinguished road

Its not just Facebook, I know people google before making final decision. I do it at times too this is specially helpful for technical jobs, you get fair amount of idea how active the person has been in mailing lists, forum etc. I have not heard of people making decisions or dropping someone just becaues of these searches but yes they do check.
"cheeky scoundrals" hmmm...not sure...better be safe then sorry may be...