Go Back   E4S Forums > Part time and Holiday Jobs > General part time job chat and discussion area...
 Click here to login 

Old 07-07-09, 12:16 PM
Just Starting...

Ruuuudi is on a distinguished road
Default Just left school and looking for a summer job.

Hi im 15 soon to be 16, just left school and in need for a job over the summer. I live in huddersfield, so looking for jobs in that general area. Im not fussed about what the job is, just need something to keep me going through the summer. Im willing to work outdoors or indoors, although i'd prefer a job outdoors, as that is what im looking for, for my future career, so would give me good experience. But if anyone has any ideas or knows of any places which are recruiting, it would be great help thanks .
Old 07-07-09, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Dave is on a distinguished road

I am not from that area therefore I am unaware of the possible businesses located locally, However if you are looking for an outdoors job your best bet would be to get down to any Sporting lodges, outdoors recreational facilities etc and to enquire about possible employment.

In my area they tend to hire people in their teens because of the hours which are generally scattered, Good pay and you will be able to get some experience outdoors.

Failing that for a job at your age I would suggest supermarkets, Tesco and Asda have recently increased the number of jobs available so it shouldn't be too difficult finding a job there.
or even waitering or kitchen porter jobd, simply ask your local restaurants, pubs and hotels if they have anything going.
Good Luck!
Old 07-07-09, 05:21 PM
Just Starting...

Ruuuudi is on a distinguished road

okay, thank you for the advice
much appreciated, cheers!
Old 12-05-10, 11:26 PM
soulman247

connextions No-Stop-Shop

search on google they help people find jobs. find your local center
Old 19-06-10, 05:24 AM

manclad09 is on a distinguished road

The last Friday in June is the official school leaving date, a young person must be 16 by 31st August of this year in order to start work (legally).

The last Friday in June in 2010 is Friday 25th June.