Go Back   E4S Forums > Part time and Holiday Jobs > General part time job chat and discussion area...
 Click here to login 

Old 18-09-08, 11:24 AM
Just Starting...

ddrox3 is on a distinguished road
Default Could you please find me a preferably temporary job.

Hi I have just left school with A Levels, could you find me jobs that are suitable for me. I would like to work in adminstration.
Old 06-10-08, 11:28 AM
Just Starting...

nishant.taluja is on a distinguished road
Default Part time job in Southampton

Hi, I am lookin for a part time job in Southampton preferably during evenings and Weekends. I am staying in Portswood. What kind of job is suitable? I am a Post grad student studying at University of Southampton
Old 08-10-08, 09:38 PM
Rachel.wang

Default looking for a part time job

Hi,
I'm a A-level student in cambridge ,looking for a part time job .
I'm chinese and was allowed to work 20 hours per week (full time student)

Prefer to work in the evenings and weekends

Please contact me if you come to know of any jobs.
Thank you!!!
Old 26-11-08, 06:16 PM
Just Starting...

youngtip is on a distinguished road

Hey, i'm a student in Chesterfield and i'm looking for a job in catering or retail.
Old 08-02-09, 02:22 PM
lookingforjob15

Default job

hello,im 15 and im looking for a part time job whilst i am in school,
have yo got any suggestions?
thanks
Old 08-02-09, 02:37 PM
Administrator

Onders is on a distinguished road
Default looking for job 15

Hi there,

There's quite a few things you can do at your age - you can look at working for supermarkets (which have got quite a few jobs at the moment) or you can go to any local shops or cafes and see if they have any work available. What about restaurants or hotels in your area - do they need any kitchen staff or anything like that?

It may be a good idea to make a list of all the options in your area, and then to approach them one by one, and see what they have to say.

The law says that you can only work for a couple of hours a day, and 8 hours on saturdays, so bigger companies should stick to this and not offer you any more than that.

Good luck - let us know if we can help anymore..
Old 16-03-09, 02:40 PM
Just Starting...

Daniella18 is on a distinguished road
Question Want a part time job in south london

Damn it's so hard to find a job nowadays! It seems to be getting worse! I have had previous experience, I have volunteered with various job placements, but I have not actually been working , which is really getting me down. I wouldn't mind working in a bar, I'm sure it is allowed as I am 18... I wouldn't mind working with children or the elderly aswell because I am studying Health and Social Care at college... If anyone knows anything that would be of help please let me know thanks!
Old 17-03-09, 12:29 PM
Administrator

Hi Danielle,

Sorry to hear you're finding it so hard to find a job as well - what kind of things have you been doing when searching?

Ideas are to make a list of all the restaurants and pubs, care and residential homes within travelling distance (you can use yell or something similar) and then getting all their phone numbers and addresses. Either spend an hour or two calling them all, or send them your CV.

What about the local papers, are you looking at all of them?

Good luck with it..
Old 24-03-09, 02:34 PM
Just Starting...

ross12345 is on a distinguished road

Hi there I thought I'd start early on the job hunting for summer.

I am 20 years old studying Environmental Sciences at Plymouth University. I am looking for work in the Cambridge area over the up and coming summer holidays. Has any one got any suggestions of where I should start looking, as the job climate at the moment is pretty dire.

thanks,

Ross.
Old 26-03-09, 12:07 PM
Administrator

Hi Ross, there are so many questions - what sort of work are you looking for, how flexible are you, what pay would you be prepared to take?

Looking so far in advance is fantastic, but since a lot of vacancies won't be advertised yet, it gives you a chance to pick a few companies you'd like to work for and start building relationships with them. When something does come up then hopefully you'll be the first one they think about..

Tags
desperate, jobs in tyne&wear help!?