Go Back   E4S Forums > Part time and Holiday Jobs > - Summer and holiday work..
 Click here to login 

Old 02-04-08, 06:27 PM
Just Starting...

stueyfass is on a distinguished road
Default italian students working in the UK?

I'm an English teacher in Sicily,and i have some students who want to work in London in the summer.They're interested in any temporary work,bar work,coffee houses,restaurants etc.Is it best to sort out a job beforehand or after theyve got there?is this site worth recommending to them,or does anyone know any better sites for foreign students?thanks
Old 03-04-08, 08:41 PM
Administrator

Onders is on a distinguished road
Default Italian students

Hi Stueyfass,

It's always difficult securing employment in the UK whilst you are abroad - and in my experience if you're looking for work, doing it from the UK, is easier. If you're teaching English it may be worth exploring setting up relationships with specific companies who can offer work to a number of your students. Finding these companies is obviously the difficult bit!

There are jobs on the site that may well be suitable depending on where your students are going to be and what they want to do - and if your students apply directly and explain the situation there is every chance that some may find that fine, but it will be different with each job so I can't generalise too much!

It's definitely worth doing as much research as possible though before they get to the UK so that when they arrive they know what is going on etc. Setting up job alerts for example would be a really good idea.

I hope this is helpful - and best of luck.
Old 03-01-09, 09:05 PM
Just Starting...

RomaFiero is on a distinguished road
Default Students looking for work in UK

Hi Stueyfass,

If you are interested I came across a lady called Daniela who acts as uk agent to find Italian students work in uk.

If you type the following address you should come across her advert on gumtree.

http://york.gumtree.com/york/95/32224295.html

Gumtree is also a good website for foreign students.

Not sure if you are interested but I run a pub / italian restaurant in Staffordshire, just north of the West Midlands with my Italian partner who is also head chef, we may be looking for staff from time to time and may be able to help you out and offer accommodation at the same time.

My email address is: romafiero@hotmail.com

Regards
Roma