Go Back   E4S Forums > Internships and work experience placements > - Applying for an internship
 Click here to login 

Old 29-01-08, 03:52 PM
Just Starting...

NifemiFranklin is on a distinguished road
Default Student in need

i'm new to this and i just wanted to know if anyone has had some sort of summer internship with a company in the financial or advertising sector.
Please let me know.
Thank you.
Old 03-10-08, 05:12 PM
abdul999rehman

Smile Looking for JOB

i'm new to this and i just wanted to know if anyone has had some sort of summer internship with a company in the financial or advertising sector.
Please let me know.
Thank you.:
Old 09-04-09, 12:19 AM
Just Starting...

andyblunt is on a distinguished road
Default UK-Internship ideas

If you are still looking for a UK-Internship during the summer months. My main advice would be to start applying now, as competition is usually quite high.

The one advantage of internships considering they are unpaid is that it wont cost anything to take on an intern so the rule of thumb is that generally you will be able to find an internship if you keep up the search.

The best thing to do is to go all the companies in you area and ask them directly whether they would be wanting to take you on as an intern.

Most companies that advertise interns usually have their positions filled within days. But hey you will never know if you don't ask.

Given how the economics is at the moment going into finance might be a-bit of a trouble area, but best of luck.
Old 24-10-09, 05:40 PM

lalita is on a distinguished road

i am new in london. i am looking for job in accounting field. i have already as accounts assistant exp. in my country india & lot of exp. related to office admin.
Old 17-11-09, 08:58 AM

ub867 is on a distinguished road
Smile Is it too late

Hi there, I'm wondering whether it is is too late to apply for placements right now.

I mean should I stop looking now and wait for the spring or summer or should I just keep at it and go for what I can find here and now.

Or Should I think about looking into this long term and plan for the following year.

On average how much preparation shoud i need and how much time in advance do i need.

Does anyone know whici sectors of industry are currently taking on intern. It would be good to know whether I should go down the engineering side like my degree or focus on something more broad.

If anyone can help me with more information that would be great.

Cheers
Peter.
Old 26-01-11, 09:29 AM

sfhdweb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ub867 View Post
Hi there, I'm wondering whether it is is too late to apply for placements right now.

I mean should I stop looking now and wait for the spring or summer or should I just keep at it and go for what I can find here and now.

Or Should I think about looking into this long term and plan for the following year.

On average how much preparation shoud i need and how much time in advance do i need.

Does anyone know whici sectors of industry are currently taking on intern. It would be good to know whether I should go down the engineering side like my degree or focus on something more broad.

If anyone can help me with more information that would be great.

Cheers
Peter.
I advice you to stop looking now and wait for the spring or summer.
Old 26-01-11, 10:37 AM
Administrator

Onders is on a distinguished road

Hi Peter,

Have a look at the internship section for details of some popular internship/placement schemes to see whether they are still open or closed http://www.e4s.co.uk/docs/internships.htm

Many have closed for this year already, but some are still open. The high quality structured internships run by big companies are usually open for applications from September and close between December and February. Summer internships start June-July and 1 year industrial placements start in September, so it's best to prepare early.

If you want to work in engineering after graduating then doing an engineering placement will look great on your CV, but if you want to try another industry then an internship is a good way of gaining an insight.

A lot of companies have recently started advertising normal temp jobs as "internships" to make them sound more glamorous. These will pop up nearer the summer but are not as good experience as doing a structured internship that offers training and mentoring.

Good luck with your job hunting, and you can create a job alert in your account to be notified by email when new internships are posted on this site.
Old 14-04-11, 11:04 AM

bsforrester80 is on a distinguished road

I still think the growth in internships is a bit unfair on students who are becoming free labour for companies struggling with the recession. Students therfore not only have to shell 1000s for UNi education but then have to work for free - often in London, one of the most expensive cities in the world!