View Single Post
Old 07-02-08, 02:42 PM
e4sforumadmin e4sforumadmin is offline
Just Starting...
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4
e4sforumadmin is on a distinguished road

Hi Barmy1,

Tax codes can be pretty confusing! Have you worked for another employer between April 2007 and starting this job?

If so, you should have been given a P45 when you finished your old job. The P45 will have your tax code on it. You should give the P45 to your new employer and that should sort them out!

If you have not worked between April 07 and this job, then tell your employer that, and they should be able to put you on the correct tax code.

Hope this helps!

PS Have a look at the e4s tax guide for more info on tax -
Reply With Quote